Name: Jamelle Byrd
- Experience: 9 years
- Current Position: Defensive Coordinator/ Linebackers for West Mecklenburg High School in Charlotte, NC
- Basic Info: Straight up football junkie. Always looking for new football resources to help advance coaching and schematic knowledge. I have very extensive Hudl knowledge. I love using the game of football to grow young men into productive respectful grown men, by teaching respect, hard work and accountability.
– 2009 West Meck HS (Linebackers)- We ran the 4-4 defense and based out of cover 3
– 2010-2011 W.A. Hough HS (Linebackers)- We opened a brand new school in Cornelius, NC and we ran a combination of 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 we based out of cover 3
-2012-2014 W.A. Hough HS (DC/ LB’s)- I was promoted to defensive coordinator and we stuck with 4-2-5 but we made some tweaks and ran exclusively cover 4 pattern match aka quarters match as our base coverage
– 2015- 2016 Harding HS (DC/ LB’s) In 2015 we ran a 3-4 two gap scheme with cover 3 as our base. In 2016 We have switched to the 4-2-5 with Cover 3 and Cover 1 as our base.
-2017-Present West Meck HS (DC/LB’s) We are a 4-2-5 defense and playing 1 high and 2 high coverages. Also use 3-3-5 as our nickel and dime package